If you have halitosis, also known as persistent bad breath, then we have exciting news for you! Halitosis doesn’t have to continue to plague your oral health because it can be treated. Oftentimes, halitosis is a warning sign something is wrong and needs to be addressed in your oral health.
Our dentist, Dr. Shahnam Amini, is here to help you find the solution to your halitosis troubles. In fact, our team at Centro Family Dental in Houston, Texas, has provided you a list of treatment solutions to your halitosis.
Here is a list of necessary treatment solutions to halitosis:
– Mouthwash: Mouthwash is known to kill bacteria and neutralize acids that could cause bad breath.
– Brushing and flossing habits: Brushing twice a day and flossing thoroughly will reduce the plaque buildup and wash away bacteria causing halitosis.
– Tongue brush: Your tongue is thick and bumpy making it easy for smelly bacteria to hide, which is why a tongue-scraper may be ideal to clear away new bacteria.
– Sugarless gum: Sugar-free gum promotes saliva production that helps keep your breath fresh.
– Abandon tobacco: Tobacco causes halitosis and is also extremely unhealthy, making it ideal to quit tobacco use of any kind.
– Dental check-ups: If you visit your dentist regularly, your dentist can review your oral health and help you fight any problems associated with it.
As you can see, there are many things you can do to help you with your bad breath. If you need additional help, or if you would like to make an appointment, please call us today at 713-644-4446 to make an appointment. Our friendly dental team is happy to take your call.